Tim did his post graduate studies at Massanutten Military Academy, Woodstock VA and undergraduate studies at James Madison University, Harrisonburg VA.
Tim began his law enforcement career with the Sheriff’s Office under Sheriff Joe Lee Somerville in July 1980. During his extensive career, Tim was promoted through the ranks, serving in every division of the Sheriff’s Office.
Tim was honored to be elected as the Sheriff of St. Mary’s County in December 2006. He is now one of only three Sheriffs to have served three terms in the 380 years of the Sheriff’s Office.
Since becoming your Sheriff, Tim has continued his education to better serve the citizens of St. Mary’s County. His continuing education includes:
- Bachelor of Science, Management, John’s Hopkins University, Baltimore MD - May 2006
- Master of Business Administration, Police Executive Leadership Program, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore MD - May 2007
- Executive Leaders Program, Naval Post Graduate School, Center for Homeland Defense and Security, Monterey CA
- Graduate, National Sheriff’s Institute, Longmont, CO
- Graduate, FBI National Law Enforcement Executive Development Course
- Graduate, Maryland Police and Corrections Training Commission Leadership Challenge, Session 14
Tim continues to attend conferences and specialized training to refine his professional effectiveness.
Tim and his wife Angie have been married for 20 years. Their son Scott graduated from Chopticon High School and will be attending Salisbury University this fall. Their son Shawn attends high school in St. Mary's County.
During his off-time, Tim coaches with the Babe Ruth League Baseball of St. Mary’s County and several travel organization teams. He enjoys spending time with his boys, who are big fans of the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs Baseball Team.
Tim and his family are proud to call St. Mary’s County “home”.